It’s almost Halloween party time, BBs! If you’re still looking for ideas on how to slay this year, we’ve got a couple of fab makeup looks you can easily pull off—that is, whether you’re going for a glam, IG-perfect statement or looking to flaunt a scary, bloody face!
We sought the help of two talented production and special effects makeup artists, Tamara Tan and Louise Marfil, to help us create these two looks using makeup from BYS Cosmetics as well as specialty items from BYS Special FX. (P.S. They’re all so affordable, FYI!)
Check out our spooktacular makeup tutorial video:
Ready to recreate these looks? Read on for a list of products we used, plus pro tips from the artists themselves!
Makeup artist: Tamara Tan
What you'll need:
1. BYS Face Primer, P699
2. BYS All Day Wear Foundation, P799
3. BYS All Day Wear Concealer, P499
4. BYS Translucent Loose Powder, P799
5. BYS Dusk Face Palette, P699
6. BYS Liquid Liner & Kohl Pencil Duo, P599
7. BYS Brow Gel in Knock Out Black, P399
8. BYS Velvet Lips Liquid Lipstick in Berry Sweet, P399
9. BYS Eyeliner Pencil in Sky Blue, P169
10. BYS Eyeliner Pencil in Soft White, P169
11. BYS False Eyelashes in Alluring, P499
12. BYS Waterproof Eyelash Adhesive, P599
13. BYS Waterproof Mascara, P369
Tip #1: "When outlining the face, you can use a black pencil liner first to make guidelines then go over with liquid liner," Tamara advises, especially if you're unsure with the line placements. "Follow the natural contours of your face."
Tip #2: "Don't be afraid to mix and match different kinds of colors, including bright shades, on the eyes and lips for a 'pop art' feel."
Tip #3: It's easier to have a peg to copy from. "Research for 'pop art' makeup pegs," says Tamara, as this will serve as your guide.
Makeup artist: Louise Marfil
What you'll need:
1. BYS Foundation, P799
2. BYS Brow Liner – Brown, P249
3. BYS Translucent Loose Powder – Natural, P799
4. BYS Eyeshadow Palette Tin - Berries 2, P899
5. BYS Liquid Liner and Kohl Pencil Duo, P599
6. BYS False Eyelashes, P499
7. BYS Waterproof Mascara, P369
8. BYS Liquid Latex, P499
9. BYS FX Fine Stipple Sponge, P149
10. BYS Velvet Lips Liquid Lips in Berry Sweet, P399
11. BYS FX Thick Clotted Blood, P549
12. BYS Liquid Blood, P399
Tip #1: When making the fake wound, mix cotton with liquid latex. "Apply at least five to eight layers of cotton to make sure that it's secured," says Louise. "Remember, the thinner the layer, the faster it will come off."
Tip #2: "Use a spatula in blending or smoothening out the cotton and latex," she says. A brush won't work as well, and may lead to unnecessary clumping.
Tip #3: Prepare to get messy—the liquid blood can stain! But if you don't want to feel icky all night or to make too much of a mess, Louise offers an alternative: "I suggest you lessen the blood and replace it with red lip gel/stain or red lipstick."