Master your makeup moves at home with this quick tutorial!
By the Beauty Beat Team | May 14, 2020
Here’s a beauty challenge for girls who are still not confident about their makeup skills: Why not use this time to ace your beauty techniques by practicing at home? All you need: Just a few basic beauty tools, a little makeup remover, and a whole lot of patience—especially if you’re just starting out.
And if you’re a morena, you’re in luck: We’ve found an easy-to-use beauty starter pack that’s perfect for Pinay complexions. Nadine Lustre‘s latest Lustrous Collection offers ultra wearable makeup that’s ultra flattering especially on Filipina skin.
To prove our point, we created two quick beauty looks on true ~kween~ and morena beauty Maxine Medina. Don’t forget to check out our additional makeup tips below!
Watch our video here:
The Look: Daytime Fresh
Subdue pinks (think: rosy, not bright) flatter a wide range of skin tones, including golden or morena complexions. They’re perfect for the summer, too, giving you a healthy, natural flush.
- Define your natural brow shape. Fill in sparse areas using a fine-tip brow pencil, like the Lustrous Brow Pencil in Saddle, P499 (a rich brown shade), and use light, hair-like strokes for a natural-looking finish.
- Go for subtle eye color. A soft pink eye shadow hue gives a fresh, feminine flair. To look extra bright-eyed, accentuate with gold eye shadow on the inner corners, extending a bit under the lower lash line. For this look, the makeup artist used the first and fourth shades in the Lustrous Eyeshadow Palette, P899.
- Get blushing. Complement your eye makeup with a rosy blush and a pinkish nude lippie, like Lustrous Matte Lipstick – In Love, P449. Top off with a clear gloss for a stunning sheen.
The Look: Evening Glam
For nighttime, you can go for a deeper hue like berry for your lids, which works well for most Pinay skin tones. Just make sure to keep the rest of your face toned down for sleek look.
- Go dramatic with berry. Here’s a more summery take on your usual smokey eye: Start by sweeping a pink eye shadow hue as your base, then layer with a darker purple shade all over the lids. (Don’t forget to apply a bit under the lower lash line, too!) For extra drama and dimension, top with a shimmery pink hue at the center of the upper eyelid and under the lash line.
- Contour for definition. Score a gorgeously sculpted face by defining your cheekbones and jawline with a blendable contour powder, like the Lustrous Blush Duo – Dolce, P799.
- Go for a neutral lip. Balance out the drama of your eyes by going for a neutral-colored lipstick, like the Lustrous Matte Lipstick – Diet, P449.
Shop more Lustrous makeup here.
In light of the current ECQ, Beauty Beat can only cater to Metro Manila customers for now via Grab, Lalamove, and Angkas Padala. Delivery rates vary per location and depending on the availability of riders, and so we ask for your patience and understanding in case of any delays. Alternatively, you can also opt to have your package/s delivered after the ECQ. For inquiries, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.